A colorful fluid simulation to play with in VR.
Chroma Lab is based around a high performance, custom particle physics engine that utilises the vast computing power of modern GPUs to calculate billions of individual forces per second between the particles, necessary for them to interact with each other and behave like a fluid.
There is a variety of tools to interact with the particles as well as a well featured options menu that allows you to customise the visuals, physics and save/load scenes.
- Beautiful, psychedelic visuals
- Particles react to your music (any external music player is compatible, may not work with Bluetooth headphones)
- Tools to pick up, hit, pull, explode, shoot and paint the particles
- Placeable force spheres which can also teleport the particles between one another
- Save and load the particles and settings, included are a few presets to get started with
- Adjustable physics settings to change how the particles behave
- Multiple different particle shaders, color pallets and other graphics settings to choose from
- Throw blobs into orbit and create black holes
- Optional gravity and "lava lamp" modes
- Freeze the simulation or slow time to a crawl
- Great as first experience for people new to VR - intuitive controls and presets can be chosen outside of VR
- MixCast support for easy, high quality mixed reality
- Native Oculus SDK support for Rift and Touch users
- Number of particles can be automatically determined based on computer speed or manually adjusted
- Scale and bounding walls can be adjusted allowing Chroma Lab to be played from sitting to room scale
Beta tester quotes after playing Chroma Lab
- "okay - gorgeous, just gorgeous! love how well it performs :)"
- "I really need to sleep now, even if my dreams will not offer me the delight just spent in Chroma Lab."
- "it is absolutely fantastic and probably one of the most beautiful experience I have had in VR so far"
- "Wow. WOW I think I'm in love."
- "Ok, holy **** man. Congratulations, you've made the trippiest game I've ever played"
- "Wow. Just... Wow... I might have just found my new favourite thing in VR"
- "Well, I went in expecting to just have a quick go before bed. An hour disappeared. That was mesmerizing! Beautifully smooth and so many options!"
- "Holy **** man this is awesome!! I played for like an hour straight!!"
- "congrats on creating a very compelling and polished piece of software!"